Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get that damn nut off holding the sprocket on. Anyone with an 03 done it? What size socket do I need? I have a big air gun...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
You're going to need an impact wrench and a buddy to stand on the rear brake for you. I put a fourteen tooth sprocket on the front and now this little thing won't stop wheelying EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typo, I meant to ask what size socket I needed. I guess the p slipped in there. I have the sprocket, just can't get the stock off without another socket!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't remember what size but before you go crazy on it there is a washer that is bent over to keep it from coming loose. It will be a lot easier on your equipment and the bike if you bend it out before you try to get the nut off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the service manual so it showed me to bend back the washer. In some searches I ran across 24mm and 27mm for previous years bikes, I would be willing to bet one of those will work for mine.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Big metric sockets are expensive. I can't remember but I think I used a 1 1/16" socket. Try to use a 6-point if you have a choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.