Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know how this can be done? I want to reverse the shift pattern on my 636.

"I'm from yeranus."

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm pretty sure the member on here form BMG racing has done this to his bike. I forget his name offhand, he had a link to his site, and I think I read that he did it pretty easily.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did it to my 6rr, all you have to do is rotate the clamp on the transmission pin around. The tricky part is that you have to remove the sprocket cover to be able to get the bolt in and tightened. Then once resecured, you just bolt the cover back on. If you need a picture of how it looks, let me know....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the info..i appreciate it [:p]
i'll give it a try this weekend!

"I'm from yeranus."

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The reverse shift pattern can make it easier to upshift at left lean, which may be necessary in a long or increasing radius corner.

From a biomechanical standpoint, most riders can click down more quickly and positively than up. Arguably, time is more of the essence when shifting up than down.

Many track riders reverse the pattern on their streetbike out of habit. The pattern also keeps others from borrowing your bike.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

Many track riders reverse the pattern on their streetbike out of habit. The pattern also keeps others from borrowing your bike.
ROFL... NOW THAT'S GOOD THINKING !!!

I usually only do a couple track days a year, but now I'm thinking about doing it too !!! Thanks Rob !!![:p]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
can this be done to a 2002? and if so, does the automatic neutral finder still work? i cant live without it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Originally posted by alex2002zx6r

can this be done to a 2002? and if so, does the automatic neutral finder still work? i cant live without it.
Im interested to!!

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yes it can be done to older models as well. You'll have to get out the die-grinder and remove some material from the sprocket cover, but that's about as in-depth as it gets.

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
448 Posts
strong bad, where do you get all those cool smilies flippin teh finger, and all that other stuff? those are pretty sweet.

Hayden
1993 Ninja ZX-6
2001 Ninja 250 (sold)
1971 Monte Carlo SS

Champange for my real friends, and Real pain to my sham friends. ~Edward Norton

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
They've been lifted from various forums and random late-night IMs while at the BIG MSU!!! Just kinda sucks how everything automatically gets converted to JPEG format, nothing is animated anymore!

But since there's the option to block the inserted files from coming up in the profile, is it possible we can at least use GIFs? (for all you mods)

/forum/uploads/strong bad/smiley_puke.jpg

my work here is done

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think on older 6R you can just flip the knuckle that connects to the gear box. You can't do that with the 636 since the knuckle is too big, the gear box gets in the way.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
That's right, but you still need to remove some matter from the sprocket cover, or just take it off all together, but then you lose the speedo sensor.

my work here is done

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

They've been lifted from various forums and random late-night IMs while at the BIG MSU!!! Just kinda sucks how everything automatically gets converted to JPEG format, nothing is animated anymore!

But since there's the option to block the inserted files from coming up in the profile, is it possible we can at least use GIFs? (for all you mods)
All attached files are converted, resized and compressed to save space and to add the zx6r.com banner to those larger than 150x100. Avatars are only converted, if their diminsions are larger than 96x96. If not, they will stay ad .gifs. I'm looking at options to have a smilie manager for each member instead of using the attach feature.

-gary

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by canuck51

I did it to my 6rr, all you have to do is rotate the clamp on the transmission pin around. The tricky part is that you have to remove the sprocket cover to be able to get the bolt in and tightened. Then once resecured, you just bolt the cover back on. If you need a picture of how it looks, let me know....
Hey Canuck, can you post up a picture of what the pin looks like after you've reversed it. Did you have to offset the pin a little to get clearance on the sprocket cover? Doesn't seem like you can flush up the lever without hitting the cover.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.