Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some techniques I can use to get the deal that I want on the 2006 EX250? I emailed him asking about it and this is what he says back: "Karena,

I am currently out of stock on the Ninja 250. I will be able to get one in a few days the price with tax title and prep would be $4100. Let me know if you would like me to pursue one for you. We have a great facility with full service and accessories department stocked with womens apparel. Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeremy"

I laughed when I read his offer, and wasn't surprised at it either. I emailed back saying that 4100 is alot, considering the msrp is $2999, and I just had a dealer offer me a Honda Rebel for $3400 including tax and title the day before, and the Rebel's msrp is actually higher than the ninja's. When he emailed me back again, his response was BS.

"I understand but you have to realized you are getting a more technologically advanced motorcycle with liquid cooling. I am here everyday except Thursday so any time that’s convenient just give me a call and let me know you are on the way. I wouldn’t be able to have the bike here to look at without a deposit because I would have to purchase the bike first from another dealer. I do have a few in for service that you could probably sit on to get the feel of it. Let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy"

I am meeting with him in a couple minutes, and am ready to give him my offer and my deadline, and be nonchalant about it. I want him to know that I'm not just a stupid girl who's dumb enough to believe everything that a salesman is going to bs to me, but what can I do specifically to help me get the price I want, if I talk to him later, after our first meeting?

·
Registered
317 Posts
well don't sign anything, don't give him any money and stay firm on the price you want. Be absolutely 100% prepared to walk if you don't get the price you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That price is hysterical! Keep looking. Even if you have to drive a bit to get your bike. That price is way out of range.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been getting $3700 offers a lot as the "best they can do" and apparently one manager said that $3418 would be them not making a penny.. hmm I know that 250's are in strange high demand as of now in illinois or everywhere but STILL!

·
Registered
320 Posts
dont pay more than msrp...i paid $2700 for mine 2 months ago, brand new 06 from a kawi dealership. That guy thinks he can put one over on u cause ur a chick. [:M53] him

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im confused.... Why are you even considering buying a bike from him? [?] After he tried (repeatedly) to jip me.. I would have been like F'him and went to someone that was willing to give me a better price. Not only that, I would let him know in no uncertain terms that I am an INFORMED consumer and he either needs to shape up or your gonna drop him and buy the buy from someone else.

I didnt pay one dime over my MSRP and when the Kawasaki tried to screw me with the financing I went to my credit union.

Stand Firm and let us know what happens!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not trying to buy a bike from him anymore.. I tried lowerin the price ONCE and that was it.. I moved onto other dealers. and kittie, how the hell did you pay LESS than their ready to sell price?! wtf teach ME! haha

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh an dshawn, when you say that you didnt pay a dime over msrp, you mean NOT including tax, title, and tags right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by KarenaLei
oh an dshawn, when you say that you didnt pay a dime over msrp, you mean NOT including tax, title, and tags right?
Thats right Tax, tag and title was extra.[V]

I also had a lady that helped me. (So that may have made a differance) She was wonderful!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i know this is for women only, but i hope this help you.

try this kawasakicityirving.com

the bike you want is $3043.0 out the door. tax title and lacense. plus $244 shiped to you. they are in my area, and i got my bike from them. no bs from them at all. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooh nice.. thank you and no harm done, fellow male forumer...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Im a guy too but i couldnt help from posting. That idiot can't even spell words correctly in his own email. I wouldn't go anywhere near him. And he tries to tell you its a better bike because its liquid cooled. what an idiot.

The good thing is that you live in Chicagoland and shouldn't have a problem finding another dealership. I'm from the NW suburbs and there are a couple places by me. One on Northwest Highway in Arlington Heights and one on Rand in Desplaines.
good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What helo-pilot said!! I had a great experience with Kawasaki City in Irving - paid less than MSRP for my new 650r last November - when the bike first came out. Plus they were very happy that the 650r was attacting more women riders...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
too bad i'm 14 hours from texas. : [

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
helo-pilot- i love your quote "my bike is like my.." it made me lol.. so cute.

·
Registered
320 Posts
why dont u wait for the 07 to come out...then u could get a better deal

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
07 what ? 500? i said that i want used anyway.. but it's okay i have already found the perfect deal and am more than happy with it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.