Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so yea now im even more lost and pissed off:

So I bought the sync tool, tore it all apart again, hooked it up and sync'd it like I've been reading... everything went well, a little too well i guess... I messed with the settings quite a few times to get it as close as i could, but eventually it was pretty decent i think. Ofcourse because the cylinders are surging the vacum jumps a little bit as expected but i got them all pretty level as you'll see in the picture below.

Long story short, i get it all done and back together and take it for a ride. Seems ok at first but it begins the surging thing again only at constant throttle. But now its worse than before because it boggs really bad if im crusing and then flick the throttle to accelerate... I mean dont get me wrong, the bike appears to be running WELL and it doesnt feel like a big mechanical issue... I'm about 99.9% sure its just something lame with the jetting or whatever but I need help!!! I've only got another good month of riding before winter, and once thats over is when I'll tear it all apart and get everything perfect.

So I'm thinking about a few things...

First of there were a number of vacuum issues and whatnot that i fixed that could be causing a new problem now that its not set up for it.

Also, I just thought about this: I did all this tuning with the bike on the side stand (the center stand isnt installed) Would that cause a problem once the bike is level?

Could it just be a jetting issue? The guy said it was jetted for that pipe, but who knows what he THINKS were the right jets...

All I know is that this is driving me crazy because I work on cars ALL day at work, then I come home and mess with this thing all night with no avail. And the worst part is that times ticking away to winter and the bikes messed up more because i tried to fix something that could have waited! HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds like he missed when he jetted it for that pipe, and it's a little too rich across the board. I'm assuming you meant to post this over in the ZX-6 - Old School forum, though. If you didn't, you should, because most of us over here are (thankfully) rid of carbs :D Good luck though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.