Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike started sputtering and I change the sparkplugs,fuel,and,fuelfilter and it cleared up for a week and then all of a sudden it started sputtering on me again I figure maybe I can change the plugs one more time and it will clear up for another week to buy me time well nope it still sputtering.Im low on cash to take it to the shop.Has anybody had experience and knows of common factors that might contribute to the sputter. I do see black smoke which indicates richness.How do you adjust these particular carbs?It kinda suck just all of a sudden it started to sputter on the road im curious as to why it happens just like that? Any info would be greatly apreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
at what rpm range does the sputtering occur? that will determine what you need to clear it up... also make sure your plugs are gapped correctly

·
Registered
178 Posts
Give us more info on when exactly it sputters and when it does. Have you gone through a complete tank of gas? Bad fuel will do that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, Yeah Ive drain the tank completely and put new gas. And the sputter is at all rpm ranges.Its a constant sputter and if had to pin point it,if im at 5-8k and try to go wot I can feel it a bit more.I can feel the sputter strong when I try to go wot.There is also a good amount of hp loss.Ive gap my plugs at just about .8 mm.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
It cleared up and then came back? Did you get gas at the same place? Maybe they just got a bad shipment. If so, if you pull your fuel filter, you'll prop see a bunch of water trapped in there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by -gary

It cleared up and then came back? Did you get gas at the same place?

Wierd yeah the first time it started to sputter i change the plugs drain the tank then it went away for a week then returned.I drain the gas a second time and refilled it with different gasand change the plugs, still sputters.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have added a hindle bolt on, instructions specified i didn't need to rejet so I didn't it's been about a month and a half since ive installed it. I haven't jetted the bike I was thinking of getting a factory pro jet kit later on, but it has stock factory jets now.Besides the hindle there are no other mods

·
Registered
303 Posts
if your still having the problem make sure to check the hoses for the ram air intake at the front of the bike.. be sure they are attached good.. also check the vacuum lines on the intake below the carbs... and be sure the carbs are tightened to the boots correctly

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a follow up I fix my sputter,turns out I took a part my carbs to find a bug cloging 2 of my jets. the bug was actually inside the jet.I blew out my carbs and clean them up a bit.There was bug debrie(spelling)all in my float bowls,so my sputter cleared up totally!Thought Id share the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.