Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Went down today

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  tazman34685 
#1 ·
Would you fix? Would you report it to the Ins Co. (seeing how the frame slider on the right side broke off the frame)? or Would you strip it down to make a street fighter. Here is the Pictures:

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by jealous57
You ok? When I was faced with similar questions with my ST4s I first went and got a general idea of the damage, then decided to report it (knowing it was totalled, doesn't take much)
I'm fine just brused knee from the body rolls. Did the cost of your Ins go up after you reported it? Maybe if they totalled I can pay off the 06 zzr and jump on a zx10R. Maybe???:D:D:D

#5 ·
Um, My insurance didn't go up. I only had the ST for 3 months or so. When I got the ZZR I went through the same ins. co. and they had no record of me being with them.... So I don't think I can answer that question in complete honesty. I can tell you about my three quotes for a ZX10 though! , $9600,$3800,$2900/year (full coverage).[B)] This is why I got the ZZR. I also had no police report with my accident, unsure if that helped.....

#6 ·
Originally posted by jealous57
Um, My insurance didn't go up. I only had the ST for 3 months or so. When I got the ZZR I went through the same ins. co. and they had no record of me being with them.... So I don't think I can answer that question in complete honesty. I can tell you about my three quotes for a ZX10 though! , $9600,$3800,$2900/year (full coverage).[B)] This is why I got the ZZR. I also had no police report with my accident, unsure if that helped.....
I may think about the 636 then if the ins. for the zx10 is so much, but just to get a EFI and loose the carbs of the ZZR. The insurance can't be that different between the 636 and the ZZR..

#7 ·
May not be...
Well after I totalled the ST, I was looking at 3 bikes primarily : The ZX10, The R6, and the 636. I already posted the quotes for the 10, so here is the lowest quotes I got for the R6 and the 636 (they were the same)...
Drum roll..... $1800/year full coverage.... My ZZR is only $380/year full coverage plus extra coverages. Can't hurt to check it out though....

#10 ·
i say fighter that bad boy!

as far as those frame sliders go, like everybody else says, "they're useless!" that pansy 6mm allen bolt sucks. not only do they break off 95% of the time, they take out that tab that's welded to the frame as well. they're good for tip overs, that's about it. i keep mine strictly for that reason. i've been debating getting the coolant relocator kit for my bike, but i've seen pictures of that going horribly wrong as well.

when it comes to insurance, you'll have to take that at your own discretion, but i would be willing to bet your company would total out the bike on that accident.

#11 ·
Damn, hope you're all right! That's exactly what my bike looked like; but I highsided when I hit oil, while I was turning through an intersection. I turned mine into a streetfighter because I don't have insurance and I recently quit my job to go back to school fulltime, thus I have no money(well not enough to make it look like new). If you do go towards the streetfighter route, at least you don't have to do any painting cuz it will look good in sliver, mine was the racing green and black and it looked gross.

Just noticed you live Florida too, It was raining like mad the past couple of days. I'm think about getting those new dunlop D616 since I've become quite the chicken after my highside(ouch!) They look good on streetfighters too.

#12 ·
If you do decide to go streetifighter, I'd be interested in buying the fairing (and maybe some other stuff) off the side that wasn't wrecked. That would help with the cost of any repairs you have to make. I lowsided at the track a week or so ago and i have the exact same bike/color/year. PM me if you are interested in selling anything.

#13 ·
I just had the adjuster call me to start the write up on my claim. As he put it the bike will be totalled if the cost to fix it goes over some set percentage of the total cosst of the bike. As it looks nothe stealership has the upper cowling for $700,$85 for the fairing stay, right side fairing for $400, the gas tank is $800, I didn't get the price for the right side grab bar nor the right side foot set, plus the right side turn signal. The Pig spotters were $179, Oh plus I have to replace the front brake level and bar end... The biggest problem is the tab from the fram that broke off due to the frame slider... It doesn't look like its going to get fixed, bbut I have a few friends inside the another stealership close to the house that I ride with and they did pull out a New 06 GSXR750 that fit like a glover. So if the bike is totalled I can say for sure the pig spotters,rear fender undertail,lowering links, rear spools are all for sale. Can I take off the good plastic parts I don't know but I will try, see how metricdevil needs some items. My lost some one else's gain...:(:):D[8D] To Be Continued.........

#16 ·
So I have a Joke for you guys, What do you call a guy who hasfull insurance but can't get a full replacement value for his bike? Ans: One Mad [8][}:)]:(:(:([}:)] guy who doesn't have Gap as part of his insurance. I called the insurance company today just to get a handle on what is going on with my claim, to my surprise just because you don't have full coverage You must request Gap be added. The only good thing about this ordeal is I'll be adding Gap once the bike is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.