Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal:
A while ago I lowsided at like 30 miles an hour into a guard rail. I had just lubed my chain and got some on the tire and well it just slide out on the asphault that day. There was a little damage to the rear of the bike because I went in tail first and hit the post on the guard rail. I was worried I might have bent my subframe so I waited till I had some money to get her fixed. Here is where my problem is.

I brought her into the dealership to have her checked out. This was Wed Aug 16th. They checked her out said the frame/subframe was all fine and that there were just two cheapy parts that needed to be replaced. They said they would order them on that Friday which was the 18th and have it completed on the 22nd which was the following tues. They don't recieve packages on Saturdays and closed Sun & Mon.

Well Tuesday roles around and they realized when they unload the truck etc that they NEVER ordered them! So they tell me on the 22nd, sry sry etc we will have them in here by Friday, I made sure they were ordered that day and that she'll be done on the 25th now.

The 25th roles around and I call in and surprise suprise its not done. Now they saying one of the parts still hasn't come and that I can expect it in on teh following tues, today, the 29th.

Well if it were done today I wouldn't be writing this would I. I call today and they tell me they got the part.. yay.. but... they started to install it and they find out the part is BROKEN! So they order me a new one and tell me to expect it completed this Friday now, the 1st.

What would you do? I think its ridiculous that I brought it in and was supposed to be done only a couple days later, and they didn't even order the fucking parts till they day they told me it would be done! I don't want to pay full fucking price for half ass service. That bike is my only form of transportation. I work two fucking jobs, college student (classes have started), have ice hockey meetings and flights (i'm a pilot aswell)

Is it fair to ask for a reduction in price for my troubles because they screwed up, or better yet, fair to ask them to install my slip on, pc3, rearsets, and fenderkit thats sitting in my living room waiting to be installed for free?

N

·
0 Posts
is there anything dealerships do right?? seems like they're all ran by incompetent morons. goddamn if they ever do fix it, never go back there again!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Is your bike rideable? It seemed like it still is from your post.
If so, I'd just get it back from them and take it somewhere else.

Either that, or get in touch with the owner or manager if you can, and calmly explain the ridiculously bad service you've goten, and see what he will do for you, if anything.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
shoulda worked on it urself or atleast had a buddy or had a used bike shop check it. i dam sure wouldn't let them put my other parts on. ask'm for a reduction in the price but put ur parts on urself. we have a few bike shops in town that deal with used bikes and salvge title bikes, i'd use one of them before i took mine to a dealer.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Wow that's crazy. I've gone through my dealership twice now to fix my bike and both times they've been really helpful and on time. Guess it just depends....

I'd ask for some free shit. Free labor on the installed parts or something. That's totally fucking ridiculous. Go to one of the dealers there (not the service guys) and tell your story. The dealers are always overly nice b/c they don't wanna lose your business.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats the dealership for you. Just be glad u didnt have to wait for the insurance to come thru. When I crashed mine the dealership had the bike for a month and a half. Twice they forgot to order a part, and this is a GS500 not a complicated bike, first time it was a freaking Oring for the damn crankcase, and the second time it was the right mirror. And then they had the bike so long they let the battery run down. So dealerships suck. I would follow warbuk's advice.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Had the same shit happen on my ATV... took forever to get their shit together.. Dealerships suck.

I want to know how you get your hockey gear around on the bike too! I am guessing you're not a goalie...lol

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol no not a goalie, my roommate plays too so we use his car, but sometimes i would head to meetings on my bike, i wouldn't actually haul my gear on my bike.. lmao

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I would, just tell them how much of an inconvenience it has been and all that jazz, i did that with my car when i picked it up from the dealer, they rang me to say it had some stuff wrong (i knew it did) and ok'd 5/7 problems to be fixed cause i could fix the others.

They went and did all of them so when time came to pick it up they brought up the invoice i expressed my displeasure and refused to pay full price.

They re quoted it and i took $200 off the price, total was 690 after "discount"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.