Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I performed an oil change on my 2016 ninja 650 today. Unfortunately for me I didnt meaure how much I put in (in terms if quarts or liters). I poured in somewhere around 2 liters. Anyways, while my bike is on the rear stand and upright, the oil level on the oil window is correct and inbetween the lines. However when I start the bike up, the oil window instantly fills all the way up, covering the entire window. When i turn it off, it returns back to regular between-the-lines level. Is it normal for this bikes oil window to complety fill when it turns on? Or should it remain between the lines on AND off??

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
213 Posts
I performed an oil change on my 2016 ninja 650 today. Unfortunately for me I didnt meaure how much I put in (in terms if quarts or liters). I poured in somewhere around 2 liters. Anyways, while my bike is on the rear stand and upright, the oil level on the oil window is correct and inbetween the lines. However when I start the bike up, the oil window instantly fills all the way up, covering the entire window. When i turn it off, it returns back to regular between-the-lines level. Is it normal for this bikes oil window to complety fill when it turns on? Or should it remain between the lines on AND off??
Yes, Oil level is measured when the bike is perfectly upright, wait a couple minutes for the oil to drain down into the sump, check level, you're good. Once you start it the oil pressure and the clutch spinning will simply splash oil all over the place. Don't worry it's perfectly normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Oil level is measured when the bike is perfectly upright, wait a couple minutes for the oil to drain down into the sump, check level, you're good. Once you start it the oil pressure and the clutch spinning will simply splash oil all over the place. Don't worry it's perfectly normal.
Okay thank you!! I was worried when i started her up and the whole window got full of oil. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts