Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little long I apologize.

I have a 2011 ZX6R that was in a minor accident and has since had the damaged plastics replaced. However, I do notice now that my fan wasn't coming on. The top of the fan had pressure on it from a plastic shroud causing some resistance. I fixed the plastic shroud and the fan will spin freely, but it will still never come on at any temperature. I talked to the local Kawi dealer and he agrees with me that he doesn't think the fan motor could have burned out while having the resistance of the shroud, it wasn't extreme I could easily spin it with my hand. He recommended checking the cable for the fan. Does anyone know the route of the wire or where it plugs in to in order to check the connection. or any other ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
doesn't the fan have a fuse? did you check it with a test light?

if you already ruled that out and the temp gauge its reading look at your wiring harness might have a cut wire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazingly I never even thought to check that. Thanks. Hopefully it's something simple like the fuse

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuse for the fan is good. Does anyone know where the wire for the fan plugs into. It goes under the tank and airbox and I'd like to have an idea before I tear it apart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts