Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some LP no cut frame sliders and they came with no instructions. I'm not really sure how the whole install process is supposed to work. Can someone please help me out with some pics or advice? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
562 Posts
The no cut bracket sliders are only going to protect at low speeds, the bracket breaks at high speed accidents.
The bolt is hidden almost, it has a hex head on it and is the whole in side fairings. It looks like it goes into the block. It's hard to describe... I will post pics as soon as I get home, but that won't be until around
8pm. Keep looking, you'll find them. Don't loose the nut behind it.

--Anthony

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For starters, shut up unless you're gonna give give me advice on how to install them, I didn't ask you on your opinion of the product I bought, if I cared what you thought, I would just end up being a *** like you. So unless you wanna help then go use your energy to whack off instead of writing to me

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Originally posted by AllBlack636
It looks like it goes into the block. It's hard to describe... I will post pics as soon as I get home, but that won't be until around
8pm. Keep looking, you'll find them. Don't loose the nut behind it.

--Anthony
it's the engine mount bolt. only take out one at a time when you do the install.

here's the how-to for cut sliders. i'm sure it's basically the same, just the no-cut bracket goes around the part of the fairing you would normally cut.
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27599

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Originally posted by mateoconamor
For starters, shut up unless you're gonna give give me advice on how to install them, I didn't ask you on your opinion of the product I bought, if I cared what you thought, I would just end up being a *** like you. So unless you wanna help then go use your energy to whack off instead of writing to me
look man do what you want, i was just trying to offer some sound advice. no need for you to be a dick.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not the way to go about getting help from anyone. You have to work on yo people skillz.[:p]

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
nm

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I'm not tryin to be a dick, I was tryin to get some help on how to put them on, I went ahead and put them on and they look good, I didn't buy them for high speed crashes, I bought them cause I'm more worried about someone knocking it over, which in that case they will hold up. I just get tired of people getting smart with me when I ask how to install something

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey I'm not tryin to be a dick, I was tryin to get some help on how to put them on, I went ahead and put them on and they look good, I didn't buy them for high speed crashes, I bought them cause I'm more worried about someone knocking it over, which in that case they will hold up. I just get tired of people getting smart with me when I ask how to install something
I feel ya, bro. Seems more people more often are preaching instead of answering the posted question. The question was "how to" install, not "what to" install. Also, I agree the comeback was a little harsh. I think the "***" coment is what put it over the top. We're all supposed to be on the same side here! IMO [8D]

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
im glad that you were able to get them installed.
look, it's you bike and you will do what you feel is best for it, i totally understand that. I wasnt trying to preach to you or anyone.
i went through the slide install myself about a week ago and for me the no cut didnt seem like a smart choice. for your install it sounds like you got what you wanted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.