Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have tried searching but couldnt really come up with a good answer....can someone tell me what would happen if i put a 120/60 front tire on my zx10...i had one left over from my 6 and it is brandnew...but i also have a michelin pilot power in 120/70 which is a race take off...which one would you all recomend i put on as far as longevity and if the 120/60 is even worth trying as far as handling goes..also does anyone know where i can get the 190/55 michelin pilot power for a descent price or the continental sport attack...thanks everyone....i got the bike two friday ago...already put over 1000 miles on it :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey dude put the 120/70/17 tyre on because with the 120/60 it will steer way to fast and make the bike very unstable.as 4 the rear cant get the pilot power 190/55/17 in australia yet. wish we could because you have to shim the arse up with spacers to achieve the ride height you loose with a 190/50/17 tyre. let me no how the 190/55/17 pilot power goes because they r the best sports bike tyre avail at the moment. cheers from down under

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright man....thanks alot glad i put the 120/70 this morning...haha thanks for the reply tho and ill let ya know how they run when i get some

·
Registered
31 Posts
My last tire set was a pair of Michelin Power Race 120/60 and 190/50s on my '05 Zx10r. I absolutely LOVED the handling and wear...got nearly 3000 miles out of 'em. I've also dropped the forks 3mm and have not experienced any of the headshake issues others elude to. So I replaced the M's with the new Dunlop Qualifiers and went with stock recommended 120/70 up front....Blea [xx(] I'll be going back to the 120/60 Mich Power Race again....
BTW: The Qualifiers are 1000 mile tires... good for 5 rides and they are done. Right where you want/need the rubber the most, they put a flippin' "rain groove" that looks like a barb from a fish hook. Like it ever rains in SoCal!! I can fit my pinkie in the hole. Just my $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.