Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello
I perchased a zzr600 2006, it has only 8k miles and runs great except ,
under heavy load at even 8 to 9k rpms at say 90 going uphill or in a head wind it bogs ? If i draft a car it will pull to 100 , as soon as i pull out of the draft it bogs, downshifting does not get rid of it. Crazy thing is it hauls ass on the street say 1-3rd gears to redline @ 14,5....
Important note, the ram air is missing. there are two large hoses coming out of the tank and thats it, the snorkele inlets atatched to the fairing are missing? could that be it ?

· Registered
277 Posts
Important note, the ram air is missing. there are two large hoses coming out of the tank and thats it, the snorkele inlets atatched to the fairing are missing? could that be it ?

I would bet that is the problem.

· Registered
1,412 Posts
hello
I perchased a xxr600 2006, it has only 8k miles and runs great except ,
under heavy load at even 8 to 9k rpms at say 90 going uphill or in a head wind it bogs ? If i draft a car it will pull to 100 , as soon as i pull out of the draft it bogs, downshifting does not get rid of it. Crazy thing is it hauls ass on the street say 1-3rd gears to redline @ 14,5....
WTF is a xxr600?

And as said, the bike is tuned to run with the ram air, it loses power at speed without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.