Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2007 ZX-6R it ran fine last night like it has been, I bought it a week ago with 70XX miles on it and I just did the jumper mod this afternoon, I took the cap off and ran a paperclip from bottom left to top right holes as I saw in all the forums. Now I started rolling it out of the garage in neutral with it running and all of a sudden it became very hard to roll back, I tried pulling in the clutch and same thing, the rear brake pads are not compressed it seems like the resistance is coming from the front sproket, can anyone help me with input here.
It will still move forward in first and the neutral light does come on and she does not stall. She has never been dropped that i know of and I put about 400 miles on her until this point without a problem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does your chain seem tight? I had a similar issue and actually had to replace my chain because it had a few stuck links that were causing severe binding.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My buddies 07 done the same thing and somehow after putting it on the stands and rolling to wheel we seen it was off some which binded the chain just enough to make it hard to push...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, could be chain bind... Stupid question but the clutch is engaging right, the cable isn't broken or about to break and stretched out? I've mangled two cables...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts