Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HELP

706 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  swjohnsey 
#1 ·
I just bought my 95' ZX6R at an impound auction. I am having a problem getting it started. When I bought it it would not start but finally I got it going fast enuff to push start it and it ran really well(except for the chain keeps skipping teeth in 1st gear, how do I adjust this?)I rode it all day and then rode it to work. Well after I was at work for awhile I started it up and rode it around for alittle. I did this about 4 times and then at the end of the night the bike would start but it would die after about 10 minutes. Then the time it would run for would get shorter and shorter everytime until it just would not start. I tried to push start it again and again but to no avail. Someone help it is great to look at but it would be more fun to ride. I also need to know where I can get a gauge cluster because mine was stolen. Thanks

#4 ·
Sounds like a fuel problem. First thing I would check is the fuel filter under the seat next to the fuel pump. There are also screens on the intake tubes which are accessed by unscrewing the nipple the fuel hoses are attached too. If those are O.K. I would check the electric fuel pump and relay.

#5 ·
Thanks for the help I will get to that as soon as I get home. Guys thanks for all your help. Is there a way of taking the tank off without dumping all the gas all over everywhere? Thanks for all your help. I need to find a place where I can get gauges for really cheap because mine got stolen. I have looked but I can not find then on the net.

#6 ·
To take the tank off turn the fuel petcock to off. Remove the two screws that hold the petcock to the bike. Loosen the hose that comes from the fuel filter, it is the one that comes in on the right side of the petcock. Then remove with fuel tank with the petcock attached and you will not lose any fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.