Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so ive searched and cant find any answers. My problem: I have an 06 636 with 3500 miles on it. I hardly ever ride, but the other day I crank it up and immediatley notice that something sounds different, but i let it warm up anyways. The exhaust was kinda sputtering. So i let it warm to 10 minutes or so and notice as soon as I put it to gear and started pulling out of the driveway it was sputtering and no low end power. Once it made it through that point it got some power but the exhaust kinda sounds like a v-twin motor. I replaced the spark plugs thinking maybe one fouled out, but no luck. I then cleaned out the air filter too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have A Feel Of The Down Pipes And If One Or Even Two Of Them Is Cooler Than The Rest You Could Be Off A Clinder. This Could Becaused Your Timeing Is Off Or
Tip For You Do Not Let Your Bike Sit And Run For 10 Minuites Because If Your Bike Has Been Sitting For Long Time (months Or Weeks) There Will Be Codonstion, (moisture) In Your Engne And By Leting It Sit And Run It Will Wet Your Plugs With Water.you Are Better To Let It Run Till Your Tepture Regesters It Will Do That When It Get To 44 Or Something Then Jump On It And Ride But Just Take It Easy

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
if she has been sitting for awhile, check and make sure the exhaust valve is opening up.

if the battery was not on a tender it can be sucking as well, the stocker (as new with bike) are pretty shit and will die if sitting for awhile.
once cells go, they arent ever the same

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if she has been sitting for awhile, check and make sure the exhaust valve is opening up.

if the battery was not on a tender it can be sucking as well, the stocker (as new with bike) are pretty shit and will die if sitting for awhile.
once cells go, they arent ever the same
I just replaced the battery, so its brand new as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts