Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 kawasaki zx7 and the backlight for the speedometer and ododmeter wont come on. I can't ride at night because i cant see my speed. does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong? any ideas on how to fix the problem?

·
Registered
297 Posts
have you checked the backlight bulbs at all, i had one out and replaced it when i got the bike....they're not easy to get to, but i can be done without taking it all apart..

·
Registered
19 Posts
the bulbs are # 197 you can get them at any autozone or checkers or kragen depending on where you live. theres 3 bulbs that light up the display and 2 more in the center. so 5 total. might as well take everything apart. I dunno. thats just me. ive got more time than money so it works out like that.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
make sure you didn't blow the fuse for your tail lights as well. i had this same problem a few weeks ago. at first i thought it was just my guage lights but then someone told me my taillights weren't working either. i guess its a safety feature that if ur tail lights arent working neither do your guage lights, apparently to keep you from riding. check your fuses before buying bulbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts