Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I've been lurking a long time researching and such on motorcycles, I've never ridden one in my life.

I am planning on getting either an 08 or 09 250r as soon as they become available, selling my car in about a week since it seems more practical for my type of commuting.

Oh yeah, taking my MSF course soon, super stoked!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Where you from that you are getting rid of the car completely??? Also don't forget to buy the gear...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where you from that you are getting rid of the car completely??? Also don't forget to buy the gear...
Gear is number one priority, bro.

I'm from Corpus Christi, Texas (obviously not a good time for a bike, yes...it's been a bad year for hurricanes.) But I only commute about 2 miles to University and 5 miles to work...and about 30 minutes away to visit family. A bike seems like a good route to take, and a hell of a lot more fun!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Welcome.

Problem I see with completely getting rid of the car (and you may not have this problem) is if you need to carry large amounts of stuff with you. Or if you need to go pick up people.

Just my thoughts. Good luck though. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i wouldn't get rid of the car so quickly
first of all make sure you get at least comfortable with riding, riding is not for everyone, even if you think you can do it, who knows there's all types of people out there but you said you never ridden a bike in your life, how do you know you'll like it or you'll be able to handle it? i'm not trying to discourage you just keep in mind options and always have a backup just in case you don't like bikes.
having said that, welcome ;p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I won't ever need to carry anyone with me, and all the stuff I need to carry fits into my massive backpack.

I'm definitely not getting rid of the car until I take the class in October (I didn't realize the class was so late, lol.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts