Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a small hesitation problem when I take off in 1st gear. It does not have the snappy response on take off but after a second or two it really picks up. The only mod I have is a Devil bolt-on. I tried to shim the needles using #4 washers but it really ran bad, so I removed the shims. Any ideas on what I can do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've noticed this on my '98. It pulls all right until about 7-8 grand in first gear, and then it really kicks in and I feel like there's a lot of torque at the wheel. When I bought it, the seller said it was due to the jet kit and the header/exhaust they put on.

That's my situation, I'm just curious what other have to say about this.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Check the air filter and make sure its clean. I had a slight hesitation on my bike and I took my air filter out which I replaced in the begining of the season and it was pretty dirty, and since it was k&n I cleaned it and re-oiled it and now it runs perfectly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike is stock expect for the bolt-on. I'm going to read up on the idle mixture screw. I did notice before I shimmed the needles two of the carbs were already shimmed. Any reason someone would shim just two needles and not all four?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.