Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have about 2000 miles on the ZX10 (I only put about 300 of those on it, bought it slightly used from a guy I know who took good care of it). Here is the problem recently about the last two tanks of gas I’ve put in it around 70 miles on the trip I start to get this weird hesitation like the bike is struggling to get gas or something. I’ll pull off and it will jerk a little bit and finally start to smooth out. I have no idea what the cause is I don’t have any major mods just Micron slip ons nothing else wasn’t doing this before and the slip ons have been up there the whole time so don’t think that is the cause. Anybody got any ideas. I was thinking of using fuel injection cleaner but the bike is way too new to need that. The bike is not out of gas because the light is not even on yet and I know my light works properly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I had a similar problem after a refuel and it turned out to be water in the fuel, fix was to take the tank off and fuel pump out, clean fuel in no further prob.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was not bad fuel because it kept happening after about 3 different tanks of gas. I have not figured out what the cause, and a drunk driver ran into the back of the bike since the problem started so I'm waiting to see if they total, if they do I may never know what caused it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MINE AND IT IS COMPLETLY STOCK TOOK IT TO THE DEALER CUZ IT WAS STILL UNDER WARRENTY TURNED OUT TO A LOOSE CONNECTION. AFTER THAT I HAVENT HAD A PRBLEM SINCE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.