Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike I got have like 6500 miles on it. It has a slight hesitation when you first give it gas and its fine when your on the gas slightly and driving around, even when on it hard it seems fine. When I cruise, it seems rough too, like lightly on the gas. I don't think its ever seen a valve job. Also it seems rich at idle, I can smell it. Has new filter and I put fuel additive in as well as I used half a can or carb cleaner on it. Is there a good howto on a valve job and good site on how sync the carbs? I looked on here a bit and also in the kawasaki manual and didn't find much. I know there has to be something somewere on this because you have to doit like every what 7k or so?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The OE service manual completely explains the valve job. Both refacing the valve seats and adjusting the valves. Just need feeler (thickness) gauges to check 'em.

My bike has the same off idle hesitation. Too rich is the problem with mine, due to a change in elevation. Sea level it rips, at 4200 it does not. It got worse when I put in a K&N. Just have to get around to changing jets.

Before you go stomping into the valve train, do a leak down test. Compression gauge. Anything above 150psi is decent. 210 is the "new" spec as per the 98-99 manual. I might change my rings this winter but they're kind of pricey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.