Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my '98 zx6r out for a ride yesterday. After a long warmup, I went to rap on the throttle a little to see if thee was any response, and there wasn't it hesitates and the idle drops and almost dies. The only way to build rpms is to slowly twist the throttle. Is there a problem with vaccum or something?

I think I'm getting to much air and leaning it out beacuse it runs better with the choke on a little. It's going to snow in a week and it would be cool if I got it running well enough to ride a few times.
-cale

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was reading some other posts and I think I may need to rejet it since I'm running a K&N, supertrapp disc-only muffler (or remove discs to richen it up??), and open ram-air holes. (no fairing, streetfighter.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Before rejetting I'd change the fuel filter and make sure the fuel lines and existing jets aren't clogged.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll do that when it snows and i'm done for the year. I put some tape over my ram air hole in the meantime, it's rideable now, but there still isn't to snappy of a throttle response.
Thanks for the tip though, I'll give it a shot. I'm pretty sure it's lean though. The open ram air holes, K&N and damn-near open exhaust(LOUD) would make it want some more fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.