Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Everyone here should watch this show, not only is it great, maybe the more ratings it gets, than maybe Speed channel would put more motorcycle stuff on their channel. All they show is Nascar Nascar Nascar!!:(

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It doesn't matter how many people watch it unless you've got a Neilson box on your tv. It's sad really. When Speedvision was running the show it was all I would watch. Ever since it became the Nascar channel, I've lost complete interest.

Funny thing is that I work for Cox cable here in Las Vegas and the speed channel came for a programming visit. I was the only person to ask about two wheel tuesday and the rep didn't like it when I raised my hand and asked him why they killed TWT. He said "We didn't kill it, it's just been sized down a bit."

This discussion went on and on and he tried his hardest to get the topic back on NASCAR. What an ass. I told him I'd never watch his channel again and I know plenty of people that will join me in that. [email protected] NASCARvision, or whatever they're called now.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah, I don't like that show. Like Ken, I used to watch speedvision all the time, but once they started airing NASCAR 24/7 I can't watch anymore. Watching cars go around and around in a circle for hours just isn't my idea of fun. How much skill could that possibly take? TWT just isn't good enough to hold my attention for more then a few minutes. That guy Greg can't read a teleprompter for sh*t either.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ninjarider...why don't you get in a Winston Cup Nascar and see how well you do. I realize to each his own, but if you don't know much about nascar don't act like you could just jump into one and be a competitive driver.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Not saying I could competitvely race, and I'm sure there is a skill level required that I don't have, but I think that racing a motorcycle around a track with varying degrees of corners takes much more balls and skill then driving a car around a big circle for 500 laps. I hate how people think that's extreme. You're in a car, with metal and a crash cage surrounding you. They're strapped in so much they can't even turn their heads. WTF? Not that there should be less safety, but the guys in those cars don't even hold a candle to what Colin Edwards or Ben Bostrom go through. There is no safety cage, no metal protecting you if you f*ck up. Just you, the motorcycle, and the ground flying by at over 150mph as you carve the corners. To me that takes more skill and cajones then driving a cage around a circle all day.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i watched the ama review at like 1 in the mornin. it made me wanna go ride so I went and rode this mornin.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Anyone watching the Quad Racing they've been showing on Tuesday nights? Very entertaining stuff. Buyin' a quad myself this year if the coin permits...

·
Registered
251 Posts
No, I havent noticed the quad racing. I will have to look for that DJ. I have been thinking about buying a quad too, it would be a blast out here in the desert!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Dude quads are so much fun. They're so much fun to just f*ck around on; something you can't do with a dirtbike. In the snow, forget it, it's the best thing out there IMHO. Me and my friends used to pull a sled around, and when you turn the sled would fly out at 40mph across the ice and snow. I had to put chains on my tires to get it to get traction in the deep stuff, but it was so much fun. Jumping isn't as great as on a dirtbike, but everyday things like mud snow ice and sand are just more enjoyable then a dirtbike. Don't give up your motorcycle to get one though. The only reason I sold my quad was to buy my bike. And compared to the motorcycle, they're pretty cheap. Let me see if I can get a pic of my Blaster up here.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

My quad just wasn't meant to be aired out bigtime, at least not with the stock suspension. But the new Kawasaki quad, I think it's the LX400F or something, seems to near race-ready straight out of the factory. However, the new trend seems to be in favor of environmentally friendly 4 stroke motors. If I had some cash, I'd get a Yamaha Banshee and trick it out with the thousands of mods available for it. Either way, buying a quad should be a decision you won't soon regret!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
That's a pretty kewl lookin' quad there NR. I'm lookin' at the Z400 Suzuki (which is the same machine as the KFZ400 Kawasaki) - trick is I have a relative that owns a Marina that is an authorized Suzuki quad dealer, which means better prices for us. Hopefully by summer 2004.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.