Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright peoples, im new here. Passed my A2 Bike licence (Restricted to 33BHP) on wednesday and i have a secured buyer for my Seat Ibiza so ive put down a deposit for my 250R (Black) so ill be hanging around these forums more now. Just cannot wait for it to be delivered in october now :)

What is peoples views on buying a 250R for a first bike? And who is from UK here aswell as it looks mainly like american peoples. Thanks for your time Ash.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Alright peoples, im new here. Passed my A2 Bike licence (Restricted to 33BHP) on wednesday and i have a secured buyer for my Seat Ibiza so ive put down a deposit for my 250R (Black) so ill be hanging around these forums more now. Just cannot wait for it to be delivered in october now :)

What is peoples views on buying a 250R for a first bike? And who is from UK here aswell as it looks mainly like american peoples. Thanks for your time Ash.
Ash, you will find that everyone on here is bias towards the 250R for a first bike, even the people that don't have their first bike yet. The bike is great though. Many have crashed their first bike so be careful when you get your's. There are a few from the UK. Glad to have you aboard. You can tell us about the fuel injected model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe thanks bud, im slightly nervious but at the same time very excited. Over here we have a different system to you guys. At 17+ you can take a A2 test which limits you to 33BHP for 2 years (250R europe model has 32.5BHP) so makes a great first bike. However if you are 21+ you can do DAS and hop on whatever you want.

Originally i was thinking of getting a second hand GSXR 600 and putting a restrictor kit on it, however its prob a bit ambitious insurance over here is a bomb. The 250R will cost me 1400 to insure with 0 NCB TPFT.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Good grief! Please tell me that America's not starting to export the Gixxer squid phenomenon! :eek:

Go with the 250, Ashbash, and make sure you always wear your gear! And welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome! wear your gear and ride safe!:) And enjoy your bike!:):)

·
Registered
174 Posts

Personally I can't think of a better first bike for these reasons:

Excellent styling, its a small motor but looks like a real motorcycle and has a significant fun factor.

Excellent brakes and suspension, this bike can be ridden hard once you develop your skills. Or just drive it as a user friendly cost effective commuter.

A perfect bike to learn performance riding skills if one wants to learn about more aggressive cornering techniques.

A fun, quality built bike that can be appreciated by a novice or experienced rider.

Enjoy, while becoming an experienced rider. Cheers, Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the club. I just got my first ever bike this April - a dual sport Yamaha XT250. Two months later I added a Ninja 250R to my stable. They have both been great bikes for me to ride as I learn, plus, I've averaged 70mpg on the XT and 63mpg on the Ninja. I ride one on rainy days and one on nice days....you guess which is which. :D

Ride safely!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.