Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I just found out I could really use a set of stainless lines.. If I can come up with the money, I would be interested. That sort of goes without saying......... I'm low on funds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ya, I may need new brake lines too. I put SS lines on my bike the day I got it in 2003. The manual says to replace every 4 years. Does this go for aftermarket lines as well?

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
the manual says to replace the lines?? wtf? u sure? maybe to check, and replace if needed. but they arent a reg maintenence type of thing. the rubber will break down over time, and will need to be changed. so its good to keep an eye on them. i would think that SS lines would last even longer, considering that the rubber isnt exposed to the sun(UV RAYS)

still waiting for that GB S4one:D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yeah if you need some help i am sure i may be able to help, but if your kawi is a POS and has a tranny problem,,,,only so much i can do for you..[:M60] Sorry Nevada couldnt resist...

S4one PM sent

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Yeah if you need some help i am sure i may be able to help, but if your kawi is a POS and has a tranny problem,,,,only so much i can do for you..[:M60] Sorry Nevada couldnt resist...

S4one PM sent
oh that was low oh so low...true...but low nonetheless:D

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
call around till u find a vendor willing to cut a discount if you get x amount of ppl signed up to buy them.
i imagine the more ppl on board, the higher the discount.
what the reg price on SS lines anyway?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Alright...how many people are there here and how fast do you want them? i will set this up for you guys if you like..
I am ordering some Galfer Superbike lines next week but will see what the guy i deal with can do...Emailing him now so i will get you some updated info as soon as he replies..
Previously: GALFER Stainless lines-$80 shipped in the US

1. JD Galfer Superbike lines

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
if u can get em for less than 80 shipped..im in.

1. JD Galfer Superbike lines
2.nevada " "

wait..i have no idea what the reg price is. $80? is that normal price, b/c i thought they were already more than that.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
depends on who you deal with and how much they bone you on shipping..
ebay is like 79.00 plus another 9.99 for shipping last time i checked..But they dont offer the superbike kit and a setup for a brembo master cylinder...

So i just emailed the guy i deal with and will post up what he has to say...

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
umm...would i be able to get them for the stock MC? as of yet, i have no need to upgrade the MC. but the mere upgrade in lines would be huge.

and cool thanks.
if S4one wouldnt have started this thread..i never would have even looked into doing this.:D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
1.JD
2.Nevada
3.S4one

wondering if we can get anyone else on this...

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
depends on who you deal with and how much they bone you on shipping..
ebay is like 79.00 plus another 9.99 for shipping last time i checked..But they dont offer the superbike kit and a setup for a brembo master cylinder...

So i just emailed the guy i deal with and will post up what he has to say...
have you heard back yet? what are the details?

·
Registered
597 Posts
1.JD
2.Nevada
3.S4one
4.Harvs04zx6

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.