Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you're a fan of the gixxer 750 so I thought you'd be the best person to ask. Have you seen any of the specs for the 04 750? I was talking to a mechanic at my local dealer who said the 04 750 is going to be one hell of a bike. With a weight very close to our beloved 636 and 145+ hp to the rear wheel. Do you know if there's any truth to that? If so I might have to look at owning my first Suzuki.

I've always liked the gsxr 750 but it's always been a little to heavy for me to play in the twisties. Let me know what you've heard about it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well, in my experience mechanics LOVE to talk about new bikes coming out, even when there's not a whole lot of basis to what they're saying. The new Gixxer's specs have been released... they're claiming a dry weight of 359.5 pounds (guess it sounded better than saying 360...) which is phenominal for a midweight bike. As for 145+ horsepower... uhhhhhh, no. At least not at the wheel. The 1000 is still gonna have a lot better peak power total, and it's barely cracking high 140's. (I can't believe I just used the word "barely" there...sigh)...

It'll be a rocket though. The previous generation put out some 120 rwhp or slightly more, so you can count on a slight increase with the newly designed engine, I'd hazard somewhere in the mid-to-high 120's would be realistic. But it's a real-world sportbike, not like the 1000's. Just a little more "oomph" everywhere than the 600's and still a great handling bike that'll actually put its power to the ground. I've spent a lot of time this year on a 750 Gixxer and what I like about it is the fact it has a 600-type delivery that lets you still get away with less than perfect throttle control in the tight stuff, but revs to the moon when you are hard on it on the straights. The '04 model is honestly about the only bike I'd even consider swapping my beloved 636 out for... but I still won't.

Suzuki has updated their website.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

I guess i could have checked out Suzuki but I didn't think they had released the specs on it yet. Looks to be a sweet bike considering it's not a Kawi! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.