Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got into the Zx6r it’s a 2008 599. My last bike was the zzr600 of the same year but almost a completely different machine. Had a nice cruise range on the zzr but my question for you guys is does the Zx6r 599 always seem so high revving at low rpm’s? Even up in higher gears going only 35-40 mph im up in the 6-7k range and I know typically high revs aren’t the best for engine longevity. I got it used so I just wanna make sure it’s how the bike naturally runs and rides and someone didn’t fiddle around with the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 140562

From here: Gearing Commander - Motorcycle Speed and Drive Train Calculator v7

Select your bike from the dropdowns. It's likely the sprocket(s) were changed if the speed/rpm doesn't match the table.
Honestly, I tried to understand that gride and I can’t.
I do know that the sprockets were changed and plan on ordering either stock or freeway hearing sprockets to replace it. On the right now is a 56t rear sprocket. So once I got back to stock or freeway gearing the rpm’s should be lower while cruising right? My speedometer is also way off. At least 20-30 mph over.

·
Registered
1992 ZX7J & 2017 z650
96 Posts
Yeah, 56t is much larger than stock. Going to back to stock should get you lower RPMs and the correct speedo reading.

The chart shows the RPM at the top, the current gear on the left, the actual cell data is the speed.

For example, if you're doing 37.9 miles per hour in 4th gear, RPM should be about 4200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts