Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, new here, new to sport bikes for the most part basically riding it though with alot of confidence thought 2 wheels have always been natural for me. started out doing BMX/street stunting did some dirtbike stuff tried at restoring an old old ninja (92 600) was unreliable so i sold it. lets see, was originally a Z car guy got my first self bought car at 17 this is it:

then sold it for good reasons got a 1974 260Z chassis swapped in a 2.8 turbo motor was fast made 1st and second gear near useless but i dont know, got sick of its fussyness and sold it i mean what do you expect though with custom wired ECU using a near 30 year old EFI harness haha:

heres a vid for when i went to sell it making my 1st gear useless point: http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l...60Z vids 08/?action=view&current=P2030175.flv

then i tried my hand at doing a restoration what i started with a rusted under carriage and primer body:

continued in next post

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
then i created this monster from that all using nothing but my money and my hands not a single soul touched this other than me----
in paint:

the new stripped and painted and over hauled under carriage:

and the finished product:

lets see, i did those last 2 cars over a period of 2 years im now 20 going to be 21 in december, sold teh last two cars for a combined total of 9.5k spend about 800 in fun haha bought a POS 240sx and my 06 ZX6R and a cancun vacation with my friends. now im bored cause teh weather is starting to go down hill and i miss my grey car so much...

and that brings me to here... whats up fellas! from chicago area haha

so yeah lots of skill in these hands and knowledge in this brain, to much for my own good cause im a pilot working on my IFR rating cramed with bike knowledge now and still building and chocked full of car knowledge.... theres to much in there!!! AGH!!! haha jk. so yeah i dont know what else to say. questions? anyone? questions? no? yes? question?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
no question, just props. those cars look sick. welcome to the forum

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanks. im having a feeling the newbie section is looked past alot huh? so much for a good intro :D haha

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
:welcome: notice you got diablo rosso's. i have them too. i really like them:thumbup:

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Welcome - seems I could have used you in painting my bike lol

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Nice! You're living the American dream!

Have you done two chicks at the same time? Because only then you would have COMPLETELY lived the American dream. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! You're living the American dream!

Have you done two chicks at the same time? Because only then you would have COMPLETELY lived the American dream. :D
HAHA close actually, close 2 times. one turned to two chicks in the bed naked foolin around, but yeha thats where it ended, the other time it was offered but they decided to split me up instead? idk where the fun is in that for me but whatever... lol

also i would have been very helpful in advice about painting but thats probably about it thanks to the whole distance issue.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you have after market turbo's in the first Z? I heard that its a bitch to get to the rear one. Its very nice looking car. I'm a vr4 guy though :cool:

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have lots in common. I have owned a 1991 Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo, a 1978 280 Z, and a 1990 Nissan 240SX. Now I have a ZX-6R. We would have LOTS to chat about. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fawkin right we would, that is a non turbo 1990 300zx btw you can tell because no turbo wing an no turbo front fascia for the SMIC's it was still fun, i actually was going to get a twin turbo but i vouched for the bike instead, also its a 90 240sx and a 1977 280z so wow.... we do have to much in common, dude, get outta my head! :D haha jk

as for changing the turbo's on the 300zx's they arent a sequential setup and its a RWD car so there is no rear turbo haha they are both on the sides and cannot be changed without pulling the motor or denting the wells/firwall for clearence purposes. they SUCK with work room thats for damn sure haha. also a 3kgt VR4? aka tranny bomb ;) lol just hasslin yah. i was planing on getting a DSM but didnt come across one that met my approval so i went nissan again and might start making this one a drift car.... idk though. still thinking about maybe selling the ninja next summer (blasphemy!) cause i got it for a deal and getting a 240Z a 69-72 and then sticking a SR or an RB motor in it. but thats just a maybe.....

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
All I can say is with all that know how and knowledge just make sure not to accidently mix em--as in when flying don't make the mistake of trying to hang off for better cornering, especially if others are in the cockpit with you :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
meh.... haha actually good advice used to fly these old cesna 152's that the doors have actually popped open in flight lol.... lean against one of those :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts