Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably old news but I just saw last night that Euro Sport is coming to the Velocity Channel. Next weekend they are showing British Super Bikes and I'm assuming WSBK/WSS at some point but they have all kinds of good stuff so hopefully we'll get to see a bunch of good racing. That is all.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/09/17/eurosport-makes-us-breakthrough/

·
Registered
941 Posts
The only racing series I watch with any regularity is Formula One. I have a deep and principled hatred of Red Bull Racing. I root for Scuderia Ferrari first (It's what I'd drive if I was hella rich), Mercedes second (It's what I drive when I'm not on the 650), and anyone else who is beating Vettel (or at least trying to) after that. That is all.

·
Registered
528 Posts
30-40 minute race full of action, plays 15 minutes of commercials.

Wait, what?

Disappointed to say the least. Back to youtube videos/torrenting races.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sorry bro, I was just trying to help.
:lol: It wasn't you dude. I just wasn't expecting the commercials at all since it was Eurosport, but should've known better since we were in the good ol' U.S.A. :rolleyes:

I was thrilled to find out they were finally being broadcasted here, but we get screwed by having commercials thrown in there. My disappointment is with the Velocity channel itself, not you.

Thanks for the heads up about it though. Would've been perfect with no commercials, but can't win em' all.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol: It wasn't you dude. I just wasn't expecting the commercials at all since it was Eurosport, but should've known better since we were in the good ol' U.S.A. :rolleyes:

I was thrilled to find out they were finally being broadcasted here, but we get screwed by having commercials thrown in there. My disappointment is with the Velocity channel itself, not you.

Thanks for the heads up about it though. Would've been perfect with no commercials, but can't win em' all.

I'd imagine Eurosport has to pay bills just as American TV does. I haven't watched it yet. Is it any worse than the Speed Channel?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'd imagine Eurosport has to pay bills just as American TV does. I haven't watched it yet. Is it any worse than the Speed Channel?
Hard to say if it's any worse than Speed. There was a commercial after not even 5 minutes into the race. Second commercial came on after probably about 8 more minutes of racing. After that, I turned it off. It's just not worth watching imo if they're gonna cut to a commercial every couple of minutes, and that race was a good one too with plenty of passing action.

Who knows, maybe you/anyone else won't be as bothered with it as I was. Didn't mean to be a downer in this thread, just wanted to vent my frustrations from earlier today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts