Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to buy it, the guy had another battery in there and it fired right up. The battery he gave me was dead. Well after about a couple hours of charging the gauges light up, so does the tail light but when I go to start it it makes a 'click' noise from the fuse box (?). What is wrong? Is the battery still too low? I am going to charge it over night. Thanks!

1995 red and purple ninja zx6r
1997 camaro v6 3.8
1987 honda nq50! oh ya!

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Not enough juice in the battery.....lots to runs lights but not enough to fire up the starter motor....

Good luck

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
If it's clicking it's getting juice. Sounds like there may be other problems.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Have you tried jump starting it? If you can jump start it then it's the battery. If you still can't start it even with plenty of juice it's something else.

Beware of aftermarket batteries. One that I bought didn't even fit. It's best to go to a cycle shop to get one and open it up and make sure they didn't give you a battery to a zx6 or gsx6r (I hate when they give me suzuki oil filters).

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like a problem I had before with my little ZXR250 -- replaced the main fuse, and it started on first try.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Before anything I would jump it w/ another vehicle to eleminate your bout bet the battery is just low mine makes the same exact nosie when mine was low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
definately sounds like your battery the clicking is your starter solenoid mine did the same when i let it stand for too long without a charge , charging overnight should cure it if the battery is any good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.