Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My name is Becca and I am a newbie rider. I just purchased a 2015 ninja 300 last month and have ridden a few times in parking lots. I am taking the safety course next week and really excited. I have managed to drop my poor girl already, however I was going basically no where so no damage done to anything but my pride :)

I am a big "look at me" type person so I am actively re-doing all of my bike. As of now we have the following mods in the process of being put on:
dark smoke windscreen
aftermarket mirrors
frame sliders
tail tidy with integrated tail light and plate lights
Danmoto xg-1 exhaust
hot pink shooting star decals
hot pink levers
hot pink reflective rim tape
hot pink grenade valve stem covers

So I guess fingers crossed that I end up passing the class lol.

Beyond riding a few times, I have never ridden dirt bikes or anything similar. I do however ride big horses and jump big fences :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Becca ! Goodluck on the course , im also a newbie I just bought my 2012 ninja 650 last week.

I also have never riden a motorcycle. Ive riden a ATV before but its nothing alike.

I have about 300 miles riden so far, havent droped it yet (knock on wood) . I feel that i got the hang of it quickly , it felt natural to me.

I rode on the freeway for the first time yesterday , scared the hell out of me lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Becca ! Goodluck on the course , im also a newbie I just bought my 2012 ninja 650 last week.

I also have never riden a motorcycle. Ive riden a ATV before but its nothing alike.

I have about 300 miles riden so far, havent droped it yet (knock on wood) . I feel that i got the hang of it quickly , it felt natural to me.

I rode on the freeway for the first time yesterday , scared the hell out of me lol
Thanks!

The first bike I looked at was a 2012 ninja 650! I LOVE the look of them, just too heavy for me. I'm a pretty petite individual.

It felt very natural to me as well. I was a little surprised actually. I have driven a manual car for the last several years so maybe that helps??? I also ride horses multiple times a week so I am rather balanced. I have yet to leave my neighborhood, nothing over 30 mph yet....I'm hoping when I finish the class I will be ready to just go out and about and wont have to continue practice in a parking lot. I'm a bit scared to go out on the highways tho. I live in Nebraska and it's pretty flat and not busy in my area but my trips to work are a good 25 miles one way, so once I get going, I will have no choice other than to just go and do it. I think I will be staying out of the big city for awhile and off interstates and freeways lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!

The first bike I looked at was a 2012 ninja 650! I LOVE the look of them, just too heavy for me. I'm a pretty petite individual.

It felt very natural to me as well. I was a little surprised actually. I have driven a manual car for the last several years so maybe that helps??? I also ride horses multiple times a week so I am rather balanced. I have yet to leave my neighborhood, nothing over 30 mph yet....I'm hoping when I finish the class I will be ready to just go out and about and wont have to continue practice in a parking lot. I'm a bit scared to go out on the highways tho. I live in Nebraska and it's pretty flat and not busy in my area but my trips to work are a good 25 miles one way, so once I get going, I will have no choice other than to just go and do it. I think I will be staying out of the big city for awhile and off interstates and freeways lol

Its a great bike , I love it so far no complains I got it with 2,800 miles so it should last me a very long time. I was actually going to buy a 2015 ninja 300 but I came across this 650 for less money.

Im sure you will be able to ride on the streets in no time , i been reading around the foruns and people recommend changing the stock windshield i hear the Puig is good.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes I am tping on the phone quickly lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts