Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all. just joined and wanted to introduce myself. the name is obvious and i'm from milwaukee, wi. just recently got my motocycle liscense and i'm very excited about getting a bike (maybe not until next spring though). i was looking to get something in the kawasaki line hence me joining this forum. hope to see you guys around the forums.

oh, i'm a complete newbie when it comes to bikes, so please excuse me if i don't comprehend with the terminology.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome there is plenty of answers on this forum for any kind of question whehter it be about bikes or not.

·
Registered
314 Posts
welcome to KF. as a newbie reminder, please use the search button before you make a new thread. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to KF! Being a former Milwaukeean myself, I can tell you that there almost no descent twisties (curvy roads) anywhere around you. Once you get comfortable with whatever bike you choose, try Hwy Q by Holy hill, and then the Kettle Moraine area. Also, sportbikes.net has alot of good local people on there who plan alot of rides in your area to. When you decide to buy your bike, stay away from Don and Roy's on Bluemound. They are way overpriced, try Sportland2 or Lakeshore motorsports in Kenosha/Racine area. Lakeshore will probably cut you a deal, althought it is a bit out of the way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to KF! Being a former Milwaukeean myself, I can tell you that there almost no descent twisties (curvy roads) anywhere around you. Once you get comfortable with whatever bike you choose, try Hwy Q by Holy hill, and then the Kettle Moraine area. Also, sportbikes.net has alot of good local people on there who plan alot of rides in your area to. When you decide to buy your bike, stay away from Don and Roy's on Bluemound. They are way overpriced, try Sportland2 or Lakeshore motorsports in Kenosha/Racine area. Lakeshore will probably cut you a deal, althought it is a bit out of the way.
thanks for the info. will definitely check those out.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
:Hello:Welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
WHAT DOES THE PRI i ON THE GAS ON OFF SWITCH STAND FOR I KNOW RES IS RESERVE ON /OFF OBVIOUS BUT PRI IS THAT PRIMER FOR WHEN YOU FIRST START YOUR BIKE COLD?? mAYBE STUPID QUESTION BUT I AM A NEWBIE TO THE BIKE WORLD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts