Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd introduce myself to your site.

i live in yorkshire,england.got myself a blue J2.had it for 9 months,on my second ninja as i binned my other blue J2 in april last year.lost the front on some gravel on a right hand bend at about 50mph.walked away with a bruised little finger.thank god.
a few mods to the bike include an akropovic titanium can,seat cowel,braided hose,db screen.
great bike.superb all rounder.done a few track days on it and embarssed a few gixer thou and R1 boys.anyone can be fast in a straight line;)
pretty good site from what i've seen.:D
i'm a member of MCN Ninjas here in england.another good ninja site.
a couple of the lads i've seen on here i know are ash and joybringer.

look forward to using your site

John

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Welcome to the board! So... how do ya like the Akrapovic ti can? Just ordered one for my '03 ZX-R... how would ya describe the sound???

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the can sound superb from about 6 grand onwards.you just want to keep nailing it in every gear cos of the noise it makes.[:p]

when i fitted the can my fuel consumption went out the window.
i normally got 150-160 miles to main tank,after the can was fitted it went down to 120 cos i just nailed it in every gear cos it sounded superb:D

i wear earplugs on long ride outs but for 2 weeks didn't bother,i was addicted to the noise of my bike.[:I]

you'll see when you get yours fitted,just a shame you have to run it in first.
i'd run the bike in,get the 600 miles service done then swap cans and just hammer it straight away.that's what i did.
kept the bike below 6 grand for the first 200 miles,then upto 8 grand for the next 200 miles and then up to 10 for the last 200.just went up thru the gears steady.
when the first service was done i took it to the limiter up to fourth gear,by that time your doing 125+ so it got well broken.never had a minutes trouble with the bike and it had done 8000 miles+,3 track days and a trip to the nurburgring in germany.awesome place.

best to way to break them in that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.