Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi giuys and gals i know every one is doing the best that they can. has any of yous put an aftermarket seat on the 650r ? the reveiws ive read on the bike say that the seat is like seating on plywood after riding for a couple of hours . got to go its 745 am sun. morn. and the streets are alost empty.i love riding sat ,sun, mornings. its like super cool . in this town a lot cages are still not use to bikes .thats ok ive been helping them with with that . have fun riding boys and girls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
650R seat

hi
I rode my ninja 650RL almost 600lkms on its maiden journey from the dealer all the way home. Two options for the seat - what I did was to take the staples off the side and tucked in an extra layer of foam I got from an upholterer, after shaping it. Gave me enough extra padding to make it more comfortable. Also got an Airhawk in case I plan any long rides. It can be deflated and tucked away into the bag if I dont need it. Along with the new sports bars I put on my bike, gives me a nice lean forward stance.
cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
I couldn't find any nice seats from Seargent, but Corbin does offer one, though I personally don't care for the way it looks, not the high price.
Best bet is to get it modified by Spencer's seat mods.
Page 1

·
Registered
24 Posts
My feelings are that I love my bike, but I hate the seat! So I dropped a little over $400 and purchased a Baldwin Motorbike Saddles seat, the url is Baldwin Motorbike Saddles - Handcrafted Custom Motorcycle Seats
While the price seems high, I am very happy with the results.

The one on the right is the new one, it has extra padding and all the slope was removed, so no more sliding into the tank. He also made it a little over an inch higher, but I am 6 feet tall so that was to fit me better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually went for the Corbin saddle, in all black, and it made such a difference. I was using a homemade setup of sculpted foam in the front of the seat to even out the downward slope and covered it over with an Alaskan sheepskin cover. It worked pretty well, but would slide occasionally. I love the bike and once I realized I would have this bike for a long time, I wanted a saddle that I would enjoy for the life of the bike. I could have gone with Sargent, Corbin, or Spencer's remodeling. Went for Corbin since I didn't have to send them my original seat and sold it on eBay to help with the cost. So, in the end, the Corbin only cost me $306, instead of $431 w/shipping. 1500 miles later...I know I made the right choice for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts