Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new & from London, i worte of my R6 about a month back & decided i'd get a Ninja & don't regret it, very fast bikes with the extra 36ccs.

Anywho, i've noticed sometimes that if i'm going 80+ the bike begins to stutter & jerk back & forward a bit, can be solved by riding through it or slowing down but that's not the point. What could it be you rekon? I'm not a mechanic so are there any easy things i can check, like the air filter?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hmm...i don't know much about the older bikes, but maybe it has something to do with your carbs not being adjusted properly? The only other thought that popped into my head was maybe a loose battery cable, but if that was the case your guages would likely freak out at the same time this was occuring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My bike does this at low speeds sometimes... I think it's a transmission thing, because I used to notice it with my mustang cobra when I was going slow as well.

Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys, mine only seems to do it at high speeds, today it was doing it at 100mph as if it was running out of fuel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was told by the owner that i should try some 'fuel injector cleaner' what exactly is this & where could i find it?

Also, i've been using normal unleaded but told it runs best on super?

I've neevr owned a fuel injected bike so don't know much. Anything else i should know.:)

-Chris.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
It should run fine on any pump gas. If it is time for a service, you might need your throttle bodies synched. Make friends with someone who is mechanically inclined.

--David

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You should be able to get fuel injector cleaner at any automotive parts/accessories shop, or even a service station.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by 05 ZX
Hmm...i don't know much about the older bikes, but maybe it has something to do with your carbs not being adjusted properly? The only other thought that popped into my head was maybe a loose battery cable, but if that was the case your guages would likely freak out at the same time this was occuring.
...carbs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it will be ok for me to put it in, yes?

I bought 500ml STP fuel cleaner (Suppose to be the best in there) How much should i use in the petrol tank & should my tank be full?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, put in the fuel tank. Read the bottle and it should tell you how much. The tank is about 4.5 gallons, so put what you need for that amount of fuel. Also yes, fill the tank, but pour the F.I. cleaner in and then fill it up so it will mix good. After about half that tank is gone, your problem should be cleared up, if dirty injectors was the problem.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yeah, WHS^. Next time you go to fill up, take the injector cleaner with you and pour it in the tank just before you fill up with fuel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
*slaps 05_ZX* 03's do not have carbs. I thought injectors only got clogged if the bike has been sitting for awhile. Find out the bike's history from the previous owner (esp how long it has sat, and time since last real service). Mine gets doggy (lol) at really low rpm's if I try to open the throttle too fast. Maybe mine is injectors too.....or maybe I should get it into the power band before trying to hit it...,.lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
GUYS!!!
Don't put any additives in your bikes!

In this case, there are some issues.. Injectors, fuel pump or simply the spark plugs..
I really think that the spark plugs are a problem in this case..

I don't know where have you bought your bike, but if the person before you drove it in ''wheelie mode'' a lot, then it could be the fuel pump..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.