Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to get a hi-mount in the worst way. I just love the way it looks on a 636 but I am having trouble choosing a brand. I was leaning toward a Micron but I have heard a few bad things about them lately. I used to have another ZX6R back n the day and i had a Micron that i loved. I have also been looking into a Hindle. Any help would be great and links to check them out would be great too!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have heard a lot of good things out about there product too. Where did you get and maybe you have a link for me? Also do you have any more pics that i could see???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I found a Hindle Hi-Mount, Polished w/ muffler and midpipe deliver to my door @ $302.92. Is this a good price? I found it at Kneedraggers.com
Also is the Hindle a good system?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by samps

Supersport (race) is louder than Stealth (street).
Ok thanks! I am guessing that i would go with the race :D
Is there gonna be any difference in gains, it is just going to be a slip-on?

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's just going to be a slip on. Besides, a full system would cost a lot more $$$. Without remapping, any sort of gains would be negligible. You might expect some, but not a significant amount.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that is what I thought. The main reason i want to get it is for the look and the sound. Is that price I got good by the way?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also what happens with the whole right passenger foot peg thing? Does it just stay where it is or do you have to use spacers so the can will fit? The Hindle I want to get is an oval so I am hoping that it will just fit. Also who makes a passenger peg that is just like the left one, you know without the clamp for the stock muffler to be hung?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Most Highmounts come with spacers for the right passenger peg. This allows you to retain the passenger peg on the right. You don't want to buy a secondary left peg, as it will be angled, and the leg position will be moved more so than it already would be. It would be nice to find a company that made one without the ugly huge thing for the stock can mounting.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am wandering if i could just cut it off of there and round it off with a dremel or something to get rid of that big huge knot hanging off of the end? i will have to take al look when i get home.....

hey Samps where did you get your M4 at? I think I might go with the M4 but do they also have a polished mid-pipe for it? thanks.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's skywalker636 with the M4. I will be getting my Hindle today or tomorrow. As for the huge clamp hole, you could probably cut it off. I'm gonna keep it as I'll end up using my stock can for racing possibly (depends on how straneous swapping the slip-on is).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oops my bad! yeah i think i might cut it off but i will have to look at it first. hey i think i might go with Hindle myself, they are priced great and i love the way they sound. where did you order yours from? i have found the aluminum round for around 300 delivered, does that sound like what you paid?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well I'm getting mine today probably, I got mine from one of the local shops around here (where I bought my bike). It's gonna be around $360-400 USD for a round titanium supersport I think. Don't quote me on that though. Aluminum would be 300 for me too. Good deal.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jay, you're totally right. The reason I kept them on was for the passengers (chickies). I'm not sure whether I should just take them off and leave them off. I bought my bike for me, not to give rides to chicks. I'll have to think about that...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it looks great, good job. hey if you take them (Rear Pegs) off you will need them and if you leave them on you will never use them. we all know how that goes.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.