Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may sound stupid but i bought some HIDs for my bike and i only have a low beam when i flick the hi beam the turn off the reason being is my original lights have 3 prongs and these have 2 is this the way they come? or do HIDs just run on low beam and not switch to hi? thanks for any info

· Registered
28,267 Posts
ok.

this is what you want. the high beam and low beam are independent circuits that are on a break-before-make switch. the low beam goes off, the high beam goes on, and vice versa.

you gotta feed the one circuit thru a diode.

· Registered
39 Posts
You bought single filament lights, thats why, they do make dual filament HID's though.
Ben
Sorry but there is no such thing as a "dual filament HID". HIDs produce light by exciting xenon gas via an arc of electircity.
To get HID high beams you need as previously mentioned bi-xenon light assemblies which have a shutter type component to either block off some light or allow all of the light to pass out of the projector/reflector.

Filaments are found in halogen bulbs or old skool sealed beam round'ies.
Just an FYI

· Registered
2,488 Posts
Sorry but there is no such thing as a "dual filament HID". HIDs produce light by exciting xenon gas via an arc of electircity.
To get HID high beams you need as previously mentioned bi-xenon light assemblies which have a shutter type component to either block off some light or allow all of the light to pass out of the projector/reflector.

Filaments are found in halogen bulbs or old skool sealed beam round'ies.
Just an FYI
Sorry my terminology was off i couldn't think of the words at the moment, i have them in my bike, either way it got the point across.
Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.