Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed FSANE HIDS, however whenever i try to start the bike with the hi-beams on it pops the fuse. when i start it with just the low beam, it doesnt. Is there any thing i can do to be able to start it with the hi beam on, or do i just have to start it with the low on? Its no big deal but just curious, thx.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
i believe if you pm Ilya he will tell you to start the bike with the low beams on and then turn the hi-beams on after no less than 30 sec.

My buddy has 6K bulbs and has never had a problem with the bike starting up with the hi's on... I was having trouble with my 8K, I pm'ed Ilya and he gave me some suggestions as to rooting out the problem.

I would suggest shooting him a pm and see what he has to say. He's great with customer service.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
mine at first never blew any fuses since i changed it to 25. but as time passed by whenever i start the bike (it's always with the high beams), the high beam would always flicker. after that at hot days i would blow fuses. now when i start the bike with only the low then wait for a bit before turning on the high everything is fine now.

·
Registered
768 Posts
HIDs require a ton of power to heat up initially so what you're experiencing is to be expected. It will only gets worse as the bulb ages.

Once the bulb is warmed up and the ballast stabilized the current draw is significantly lower than the stock halogens. I'd stick to turning the high beams on after the low beams are already warmed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.