Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
i ordered the ddm 55w 8000k H7 kit from the same group buy. I finally put them in today and was careful to start them with the highs OFF, but when i pushed the kill switch with the bike running and highs on it blew my stock 10 amp fuse. I thought it was very strange because they were both already warm but i had to use the extra 15 amp in the fuse panel. Ill try to blow the 15 tomorrow and let you know if the 15 is enough but im just going to buy a 20 or 25.

The initial warm up is ok, about 5 seconds. when they do warm up there bright as hell and i think i can deal with a few blown fuses. hOpefully not my wiring harness tho lol But yeh, thats my experiences so far and figured id share.

Later guys
Austin

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wired mine up directly to the battery. Bought a harness with a relay. They both come on when i start the bike. Aimed the highbeam down. They turn right on. Havent had a single problem yet..

·
Registered
66 Posts
i ordered the ddm 55w 8000k H7 kit from the same group buy. I finally put them in today and was careful to start them with the highs OFF, but when i pushed the kill switch with the bike running and highs on it blew my stock 10 amp fuse. I thought it was very strange because they were both already warm but i had to use the extra 15 amp in the fuse panel. Ill try to blow the 15 tomorrow and let you know if the 15 is enough but im just going to buy a 20 or 25.

The initial warm up is ok, about 5 seconds. when they do warm up there bright as hell and i think i can deal with a few blown fuses. hOpefully not my wiring harness tho lol But yeh, thats my experiences so far and figured id share.
as far as i'm aware, its just the initial current that the lights draw in the begining that uses more than 10amps, but after that, the actual "running" current is less than your halogen bulb. the 15amp should work fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wired mine up directly to the battery. Bought a harness with a relay. They both come on when i start the bike. Aimed the highbeam down. They turn right on. Havent had a single problem yet..
Where did you get the relay harness from?

For those who got the GB HID's and are not running a relay any probs with startup?

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I have had HIDs installed in my 06 for over a year now, blew the first 10 amp fuse and replaced it with the 15...maybe the 20 can't remember. I did a "How To" write up on it and posted it on the board. I have not had any troubles since that fisrt fuse. I always remember to start on low, let the bike warm up while I finish getting ready and then flip the highs on when I sit on the bike. I ride with highs on all the time and I have been pulled over a few times but only to have the LEO tell me my lights are super bright and it's good I ride on brights all the time. Alot of the LEO here ride and they will never give a bike a ticket for riding on highs unless they are intentionaly shining their lights in someone rear view mirror.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts