Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just picked up my used ninja 250r today :):):) nice bike! but I noticed i have a 2-3 idle on nutural and in 1st gear around 2.5k. Sometimes in first gear after the clutch is released it sputters a little than gains speed, is this normal? also the trottle lever has alot of free play as in it can move back and forth alot without trottle response. If anyone can give any ideas or ran into these problems and can fix it let me know.

the bike has 1700 miles.
I also searched the forums and found a tread about this topic but no solution. Thanks again -kuoch

also anyone have a spare blue candy crowl sitting around for sale??:D

·
Registered
550 Posts
You aren't riding with the choke "on" are you? That would cause what you are describing.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hello all I just picked up my used ninja 250r today :):):) nice bike! but I noticed i have a 2-3 idle on nutural and in 1st gear around 2.5k. Sometimes in first gear after the clutch is released it sputters a little than gains speed, is this normal? also the trottle lever has alot of free play as in it can move back and forth alot without trottle response. If anyone can give any ideas or ran into these problems and can fix it let me know.

the bike has 1700 miles.
I also searched the forums and found a tread about this topic but no solution. Thanks again -kuoch

also anyone have a spare blue candy crowl sitting around for sale??:D
read you owner's manual

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
A pretty good starting place:
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page

And you'll see it repeated throughout the forums that

A) You need to leave the choke on a little longer to fully warm the bike up to avoid that sputter (or shim the needles)
B) Don't touch the idle knob until after the bike is FULLY warmed up and with the choke off.
C) Once you get more confident with the bike shim the needles :p
D) Read everything in that FAQ before you do anything!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try adjusting the idle screw, if you can’t lower the idle.
Then you may need to sync the carbs. Pretty easily done with a basic carb syncing tool for about $80.
You can even make one that may work for a few bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.