Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my titanium high mount M4! Now that I have had it a month the titanium is turning all kinds of cool colors, sounds great, and feels like a little more power. I am no expert but at Road Atlanta today for the WERA regional race there were more M4’s the racers were using then any other brand.
/forum/uploads/skywalker636/exhaust1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to the kawasaki world, and am starting off with the 636. My question is which high mount exhaust delivers the best hp gains. I know micron is pretty good but is their any better, or should i just stick to a straight through like the akrapovic.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like the M4. Does it make a difference in weight and power, or can you barely tell the difference over stock? Also how much did your M4 cost? I really want a full high mount for my bike and titanium would be nice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All slip-on’s are about the same HP gain, which is a minimal difference. The M4 does save ~5-7 pounds, cost ~$400.

The Micron is a nice system, but the reason I did not go with it is because the can mount on the M4 is sooo much cleaner. It has a bracket that blots to the back of the can (see my pic, no loop around the can) as opposed to the Micron's ugly hanger system. In addition the M4 sounds a lot better, I heard both and the M4 has a much deeper grumble at low RPM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.