Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you. The source of my pain and suffering
a 3/8'' KOBALT socket........

Yes you heard me, this bad boy was stuck in the bottom vent of my snorkel. After laughing at that Gummy Bear story I thought to myself "what the hell, couldn't hurt to look"

stuck a screw driver up there and this bastard pops out......................

$130 and 13 hours later. for this piece of crap

Took the bike for a run, speed and power is back, and the rev limiter is back as well! Turns out the rev limiter doesn't kick in until the speed/air coming in is high enough. So F me

Thank you Dablue1 and thank you everyone who helped, this is FIXED/resolved!
Wow! LOL! Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
dude! if you didn't post that story i would've never figured it out. you are daman1 . you have rep man!
When I first got my bike, I kept a rag under my seat to like wipe stuff down if necessary. So one day I went to look for it and it was gone. I figured I had taken it out and forgot to put it back. About a year later when I'm taking off the left rear side fairing, what did I find? That same damn rag that was missing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
When I first got my bike, I kept a rag under my seat to like wipe stuff down if necessary. So one day I went to look for it and it was gone. I figured I had taken it out and forgot to put it back. About a year later when I'm taking off the left rear side fairing, what did I find? That same damn rag that was missing.
for shame kawasaki, i still love you. But the 250 air box design is GARBAGE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Ninja 250r and it bogs down at 3/4 to full throttle. It has the stock exhaust but the muffle has been hollowed out. The air filter was also clogged. I cleaned the air filter and have just rebuilt the carb and installed a dynojet stage 2 jet kit while I had it apart. I will be putting the carb back in tonight. The carb wasn't too dirty but I still hold out hope that it will run better. I will post an update once it's all back together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow that was funny, but I really hope something this simple IS my issue, if it is I am going to be PISSED. Happily pissed, but angry none the less. This will also go up on the wall of shame
I

Yes you heard me, this bad boy was stuck in the bottom vent of my snorkel. After laughing at that Gummy Bear story I thought to myself "what the hell, couldn't hurt to look"

Took the bike for a run, speed and power is back, and the rev limiter is back as well! Turns out the rev limiter doesn't kick in until the speed/air coming in is high enough. So F me

I found this kinda helpful because I was putting led on my wife's 08 ninja 250 got everything on put back together an went for a ride it it won't go over 9rpm an bout 70 miles an hour same exact same way you explained it wounder if I lost a socket were did you find this at ?

·
Registered
1 Posts

As I don't no much about these bikes and I practically a new rider, exactly where was the socket?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have the same problem with my 96 250. Where is the snorkel you found the socket in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with my 96 250. Bogs down between 8k-9.5. Where is the snorkel you found the socket in? Also do you know by chance what the factory specs are for compression in psi? I have one side reading 140 and the other at 110.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts