Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody... im a new rider... just got an 06 636 this summer and its my first bike and first anything relative to a motorcycle so i have a lot of dumb questions up my sleeve.... anyways, my bike temp is usually around 200 and when i ride it a decent amount of time it usually peaks at about 214 but then gets no higher... but the past few really hot nights i realized when i turn my bike off then just turn the key over to watch the temp, it gets to like 225 or so... is this normal? o btw, it jumps back down to 214 within 5 seconds of me starting the bike again... please let me know if this is normal or not... thanks everyone! :D

G

·
normal, mine does the same

when u shut the bike off, coolant isnt flowing anymore, so it will get warmer

once it starts, flow resumes, temp goes down

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
If the bike just sits and idle it will get hot. For example if your at a stop light and that shit take forever..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by 636MATON
im a new rider... just got an 06 636 this summer and its my first bike and first anything relative to a motorcycle
Congratulations. What made you lean to a 636 as your first bike, out of curiosity? Sorry to thread jack but your original question has pretty much been answered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.