Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced a couple of my gauge lights, they are normally 1.7w but i put a couple of 5w in instead. Im gathering they will just blow a fuse? but would there be any other problems? like heat?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I definitely wouldn't have done that. I'd imagine they could cause melting on top of blowing fuses, if they don't instantly blow a fuse that is.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm not a professional, but I suspect it's going to cause the entire upper fairing/guage cluster/headlights/air cleaner cover to melt as well as give a -15.873 hp hit. I'd convert it to a track bike and go buy a ZX-10 with the Muzzy clutch upgrade. :D

On a serious note, I think you'll have a fuse problem sooner and a melting (or marking) problem as time goes by (if they work).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks that is what i thought might happen

they work and have no problems so far but i will change them just incase it melts my muzzy clutch[:p]

The world is my track;)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
yeah i wouldnt suspect that it would do any harm what so ever as 5 watts dosnt produce enough heat to melt a plastic bag lol.
Ben

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE....................still got my bright ass 5 watt globe in my dash.....now im thinking about replacing all of them???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts