• Yes

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 48.7%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
most of the time i dont. i just sit normal. only times i tuck are when i get cought in the rain, when its really windy, and when its cold.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I sort of go back and forth. I will tuck for several minutes and then sit up. Keeps my back from aching on long rides. It does reduce wind drag quite a bit and therefor requires less throttle/gas to go the same distance. With gas prices the way they are, I'm happy to save a little here and there when I can...

·
Neutered
9,637 Posts
Depends, I have like four stages of tuck. One is just full upright normal, one is with arms bent resting my lower torso on the tank a little sort of in a half-tuck, one is a 'full tuck' where I tuck far enough that if I crane my neck back and look up I can just see the horizon out of the top of the helmet...and the fourth is a long-haul tuck where I'll scoot my ass all the way back and put my torso almost fully flat on the tank to support the weight more evenly...I pull my elbows in all the way against the bike and almost rest my chin on the tank. Both the 'full tuck' and the long-haul tuck require looking through the windscreen (which is why it's so damn stupid to have anything darker than a normal tint).

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
nope, only the 1 arm tuck. IF i did squidly speeds I might...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Unless it's raining or I'm well into the triple digits, I never do the full tuck...I can't stand it when I can't see whose behind me.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I do sometimes but only when I'm on a long ride and I tired.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Normally start tucking at 90

In this country it gets crazy windy so I definitely have to. If I didn't tuck at like 90 or 100, my face would be blown off

·
Registered
647 Posts
.......Both the 'full tuck' and the long-haul tuck require looking through the windscreen (which is why it's so damn stupid to have anything darker than a normal tint).
Exactly. So you see a guy with huge ass chicken strips and a dark-as-night windscreen on an R1, and you automatically know the only riding he's doing is 5 blocks down a straight to the local coffee shop to make everyone see that he's got a bike.

i only tuck when needed. i hate the squids who tuck at like 40mph
while wearing shorts and a baseball cap. You have to admit they look very fast though to an unsuspecting eye.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i do a half tuck 85+ looking just over the windshield. but on cold morning riding to work i will tuck at slower speeds...

·
Registered
270 Posts
i do a half tuck 85+ looking just over the windshield. but on cold morning riding to work i will tuck at slower speeds...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.