Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good product[?] Looking at picking up a set and wanted some feedback before I drop some$$$$

Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
90 Posts
I purchased a Hindle front race stand from Kneedraggers for $124 and let me tell you what a flimsy POS.[xx(]I would opt for the Pit Bull stands front $138 and rear $120 if I had to do it all over again!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased a set of stands for $99. That is both a front and rear stand for $99 not $99 each. They are quality stands, especially for the price. You can purchase them at www.handyindustries.com. They are a little slow on the shipping, but other than that I would recommend them for regular at home use.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I also have the Handy stands. No complaints here! Can't beat it for $99 IMHO. But you do have to go elsewhere for the spools (if you go that way). Got my spools from Dan "The Man" Kyle. Fast shipment there!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The $99 was for a group purchase was it not?!?! If so, I wonder if he would still honor it.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
For something that is lifting my $10,000 machine ($8,000 in your case;)) up off the ground, I want the best. I'm sure the HandyStands get the job done, but I don't want to chance anything. I narrowed my search down to either Pit Bull or PowerStands. I ended up going with a set of PowerStands because they appeared to be better built than even Pit Bulls (or at least every bit as good). And like Pit Bull, you can use either the swingarm mounting or spool mounting. They look really nice as well. And did I mention the built-in toolbox?![:p] lol (Okay, so that's kind of retarded.) Anyway, you can find PowerStands at various places around the net. Parts411.com sells them as their primary stand. I got my set off of a Parts411.com auction over eBay this past summer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i went for the Woodcraft rear stand on the advice of the guys at kneedraggers.com. its great. i liked it so much, i just ordered the Woodcraft solo-op front stand. ill report back when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The group buy was for the Redline stands, and if I'm not mistaken, it's going on right now. You can do a search on it. As far as the stand quality goes, there's nothing wrong with the Handy stands. I've rocked my bike back & forth while lifted and they were fine. If I wasn't satisfied, I would have sent them back. I too want the best of everything for my bike and protection when riding, but I couldn't justify getting a single stand for the same price that I got two for. ;) That's just me though.:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
$99 is the regular purchase price from the website. I also have a set of Powerstands which I purchased before the Handy stands and I will have to say that they have a slightly heavier gage metal, but not by much. I have the same amount of confidence in both brands. You should go with what you feel is the best, for your own peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by SOSMC
$99 is the regular purchase price from the website. I also have a set of Powerstands which I purchased before the Handy stands and I will have to say that they have a slightly heavier gage metal, but not by much. I have the same amount of confidence in both brands. You should go with what you feel is the best, for your own peace of mind.
Why did you get a set of HandyStands when you already had a set of Powerstands?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Wow, I have experience ZERO problems with my Hindles. They're solid, they look good, and they are absolutely stable with the bike lifted. First time I've ever heard anyone doggin' 'em. They are far superior to some of the lower-cost stands I've seen, and an excellent value for the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.