Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Here is my plan. I am considering purchasing a carbon fiber oval hindle silencer from a buddy and mid-pipe and header from the hindle factory. My buddy is unsure of what bike the canister is for. Does anyone know of hindle canisters are generic and fit all hindle headers and mid-pipe or if the silencers are based on the bike model, or mid-pipe model? The silencer in 22 inches in length, oval, and has 2 loops for springs to attach to the mid-pipe.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always thought Hindle had two size canister inlets. 2" and 2.25" which makes the cans pretty much universal to all bikes depending on midpipe size and 2" is the most common as 2.25" is "race". Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup, you guys are right the mufflers for hindle are either 2.25" for race and 2" for whatever.....unfortunetly hindle only makes a 2" header and midpipe while my buddies can is 2.25" inlet.....looks like if i want the hindle highmount I will have to buy everything brand new which is $$$....well see hopefully for next season.

Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if anyone cares, I bought the silencer anyway cause it was a sweet deal, 100 dollars canadian. So since hindle only makes a high-mount system for my bike model with 2" headers and midpipe and the silencer is 2.25" I am not too sure how I am going to hook it up. Some people on another forum have mentioned that is should be simple to just get a reducer to make it fit, so hopefully it is that easy. Here is a pic of my baby to entertain you guys. Hopefully I will have a high-mount system for next season yay :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.