Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never hit a damn bird, but I was on a back country road once, and some kind of bug hit my faceshield and covered the entire left side in guts. It sounded like a softball hit me in the head.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sometimes when I'm riding fast on the street and there are some on the road, I almost hit them as they are flying off. It's as if I could just hit them on there little heads.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i hit one with my directional the other day. it made a last minute change of course, and smacked it. it flew away though.
my manager said he was riding along on his interceptor one day and saw a goose flying against the horizon. it looked really cool against the sky and everything, and i just looked at it for a few seconds, he said. then, the bird took a dive, and dove right into his chest. he stayed on the bike, but he said his legs and one arm came off, as he had to push this big, bloody, squirming and quacking duck out of his lap. when he got home he had blood all over his leathers. i thought it was a funny story.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
lol

I came really close to hitting two birds this afternoon. The first one was injured in the middle of the road. When I moved to ride past the bird, it fluttered back into my path. I had to swerve at the last moment to avoid it.

The other bird was flying across the road directly in front of me. I had to duck to my left or I would have had some bird guts on my helmet to match the bug guts.[xx(]

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I nailed my first featherbag last saturday. It probably hit my front wheel because I couldn't find any remains of the bird in the plastic.

Friend of mine rode behind me and said that he could see an explosion of feathers :)

------------------------
7,62mm. One size fits all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Never hit anything on the bike to date...

But once, in high school, during a Regatta championship, the guy rowing in front of me caught a Canadian goose in the neck while it was paddling through our lane. Made a real nasty snapping sound, and then just sort of capsized in the water. We continued to row to the finish line to place second... damn goose.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Poor goose :(

My friend was driving on at night and he said he hit to what he thought was a bat, still unsure until tonight but it was dark so it's really unsure. All's I know is that his top right chest was freaking red and hurting like a mother...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got nailed on the collarbone by some sorta finch while doing 70+ today. Felt like someone hit a golfball at me. Any stories out there of this happening to you?

97 Candy Persimmon Red
Wileyco Pipe
Factory 1.7 jets, Ign. Adv.
Cheetah Racing Solotail

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
worse thing so far animal related was a wasp flew into my helmet one time since I like to leave it cracked open for ventilation...

nothing like having a bee crawl on your face while moving at a high rate of speed...

luckily whe must have been dazed becasue he didnt sting me...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I hit a parrot while riding on my bike. It glanced off the top of my helmet and all I saw was a puff of feathers out of the mirror. It didn't come close to knocking me off tho:)

My friend always wears a balaclava under her helmet after she rode through a swarm of bees on the highway and ended up with quite a few inside the helmet with her[xx(]

Go hard or go home...as my wife says

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man I would pay to see a freaking goose hitting someone on a bike, not to wish any bad luck on anyone but dam that shit is just funny as hell :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I caught a dove in my arms one day coming off I-75. I was going about 35-40 and a dove flew out of the grass on the shoulder and flew right into my chest, I reached up grabbed it and threw it back to the side of the road, I don't think it even hurt the bird. Sure did scare the shit out of me.[:p]

Go Green or go some where else!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hahahaha! that bird exploded! bet he never saw THAT coming:D:D
that's freakin' hilarious!

give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I remember that :D. That was hilarious. Of all the things you could call a freak occurance, I'm sure that was definitely one of them.

Ken - Yellow '02

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.