Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been 4 years since the first time I got on my first rocket and have never seen anyone go down BAD. I've seen plenty of low sides and a few wheelies go bad but yesterday a good friend omine hit an on coming car.

There were four of us. Me on my 636, a good friend on my 99, an 02 zx9r and a good friend who usually rides an 02 Mean streak but recentyly bought a Suzuki SV650s. Well we all decided to ride over a local mountain that we all know real well and got about a mile into the mountain and it happened. I was in the lead, zx9r behind me, the Suzuki in third and my 99 was taking the tail when we all came around curve and this crazy bitch couldn't maintain her lane.

She almost got me but she didn't, after i rounded the curve i looked back to make sure everyone else got through and i heard it. Sounded like someone hit a street sign with a ball bat. She crossed in the the guy on the V-twins lane and the only thing he could do was lock the brakes and let it slide out from under him. All i could see was a blue bike disappear into the hood of a Honda civic. Instantly we all turned around parked our bikes and took off running to see the damage. Some how by the grace of God his bike went under the front wheels of the car and he slid past the car into the guard rail. He's banged up pretty bad but nothing in comparison to what would have happened if he hadn't missed the car. He should have been run over the way it all happened. His leathers also saved a lot of his skin. The guard rail got him pretty good in the back, about 75 stitches but other than that he's ok. The bike on the other hand is toast. The front wheel and forks were on one side of the road and the rest of it fell down a twenty foot incline.

It was completely the driver of the Honda's fault. All she got was a failure to maintain lane ticket. She nearly ran over this guy and got a sixty dollar ticket. I could underwtand if we were all hauling ass driving like idiots but we were all driving at moderate speeds and being responsible. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do. Either way it was one hell of an afternoon.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. But like you said, could have been a lot worse...

·
Registered
361 Posts
atleast she got a ticket which your friend can use in court to sue her. down here a couple months ago guy here at work got in a accident and the cops assumed it was all his fault cause he was one a sportbike. the lady pulled out in front of and failed to yield and got nothing... and on top of that the fcuking pigs wouldn't let us take his bike saying "its part of a criminal investigation and if we didnt leave he was going to arrest us" but when he went to get his bike the detective investigating the case said that we should have be-able to get his bike cause he didnt request it to be held. i hate cops that have a power trip. they are never around when you need them, they only come out to bust you and then let the cagers fly past as you get the ticket. FTP

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The officer that gave her the ticket is actually a guy who we've ridden with before. He's cool, just doing his job. You could tell he was pretty mad about the whole thing though. He knew it was her fault.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
"We're coming back again" it says at the end of the video - fuckin' crazy Krauts! Then again, what would you expect from the country that almos took over the world TWICE!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
How about attempted manslaughter? Reckless driving? Being a fucking idiot? That's what she should have got. I really should become dictator of the world, then I'd make sure people who can't control their vehicles would get at least the same punishments as those who speed.

StrongBad - huh? What video?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

"We're coming back again" it says at the end of the video - fuckin' crazy Krauts! Then again, what would you expect from the country that almos took over the world TWICE!
Whoa, someone sniffing his exhaust fumes again?[:M39]

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you been hitting the bottle this morning Strong Bad? I don't think I'm the only one who could make no sense from what you'd said! :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Almost 2 years ago a woman ran her light and I crashed into her just minding my own business traveling through my green light. After I got out of a coma I found out that I got a ticket for it. I was so pissed because I remember it being her fault. Well, she told the cops it was my fault and since I was well, in a coma, she was the only witness! I had to get a lawyer and count seconds and lights and crap and finally prooved that in order for my light to be red I would've had to travel at 180MPH with in 3 seconds. The ticket was dropped but no appology from the bitch.
I about ready to serve her with her papers and hopefully take away her house :)
But the moral of my story is that most people want to just throw blame on the guy with the sportbike.
Did that bitch who ran you guys off the road even appologize?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Man if anything like that ever happens to me, I'm takin the the person who cut me off to court. My life is not worth some $60 ticket. I'd take everything they had if I could. If it was a minor accident then I wouldn't, but if it was something major like that I wouldn't hesitate to get somebody like that off the road.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohh yeah she was in tears cause she thought she had run him over until she saw him crawl up out of the woods. She apologized several times. Still she almost killed someone because her passanger was more interesting than paying attention to the road. Pretty screwed up huh?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dude, THAT sucks ASSS!
That woman should be caned and have her privliage to drive suspend indefinitely......
Hope your friend has a speedy recovery

·
Registered
363 Posts
No more drivers license for her!
Here in California not only does she get to keep her license but illegal aliens get um too!
Goverment is a money making business and they could care less about us on our little motor bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.