Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well does anyone have a problem with going into neutral when trying to shift from 1st to 2nd? it happens to me alot ad i thought that these bikes were set up to not do that, am i wrong? also when it did it today it would not go back down to frist from neutral, it just clicked but would go to second. then after that it shifted fine. is this normal or what can i do to fix it? thaks alot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i did not have boots on, and also highway speeds i mean getting up to them so prolly around 45 or so. but is it normal to be able to hit beutral at that point? thanks.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
well does anyone have a problem with going into neutral when trying to shift from 1st to 2nd? it happens to me alot ad i thought that these bikes were set up to not do that, am i wrong? also when it did it today it would not go back down to frist from neutral, it just clicked but would go to second. then after that it shifted fine. is this normal or what can i do to fix it? thaks alot.

you should not have been trying to shift into first.. and as for shifting into second after a miss shift, rev match it first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well will a false neutral make my neutral light come on? because it does. also i always rev match, i just thought with clutch in, 1st should still engage even at 45 or so. then before releasing clutch i would bring it to 6 grand or so. but from now on when it slips into neutral i will put it into second. i ws just worried that something was wrong, thanks everyone for quick replies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You never want to try to put it back in first gear going that fast. Just rev match it and try shifting again to 2nd. It happens to me every once in a while when I'm being lazy with my shifts and yes your neutral light should come on even when its a miss shift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hit the "Ghost gear" ever once in a while, Not sure why it happens. I figured it's cause of the flex on the soft shoe I had on, I wear racing boots every time I ride now( I learned after a accident) and it hasn't happened since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.