Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original clear shield was scratched up so I went to the dealer and paid $35 for a mirrored shield. This this is terrible and should be outlawed! The reflection on the inside is downrigjht dangerous!! Rant done.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I had an HJC mirror shield on my first helmet. The only bad thing was that if a scratch got on the outer side, the mirror was more prone to flake off in parts near the scratch. I had no issues with the underside, which was smoked, no mirror finish.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I had an HJC mirror shield on my first helmet. The only bad thing was that if a scratch got on the outer side, the mirror was more prone to flake off in parts near the scratch. I had no issues with the underside, which was smoked, no mirror finish.
:plusone:

However I haven't owned a hjc in years....I run shoei and recently a arai

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Maybe you put the shield on the helmet backwards.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
there is no way to even mistakenly put a face shield on backwards, it's physically impossible to put the inside out, it only sits on one way.

OP do you have pics of your shield and what it's doing?

·
Pursebully
37,561 Posts
there is no way to even mistakenly put a face shield on backwards, it's physically impossible to put the inside out, it only sits on one way.

OP do you have pics of your shield and what it's doing?
I think he was joking. ;)

·
What is this place?
18,517 Posts
I have had a mirror shield on my helmet for 3 years. No issues. Other than having to buy new shield every season.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Its because you bought a crappy reproduction visor.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
25,694 Posts
I had HJC branded iridium mirrored visor. I did notice that in direct sunlight I could see a faint reflection of my eyes...but I just would refocus my gaze back out to the proper distance and it disappeared. My biggest complaint about it was how easily it scratched.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts